Tel - 01463 220995
For Family and Friends
Is the addictive behaviour of a family member impacting you?
- get worried, frustrated, angry or sad about someone you know who uses alcohol, drugs, gambling, or other worrying behaviours?
- struggle to know how to help them, or find yourself saying the same things to them over and over?
- do your best to support the person experiencing addiction, but sometimes feel whatever you do or say isn't helping?
- feel worried or down a lot of the time?
- feel you don't have enough time to look after yourself, or important parts of your life such as work, and other relationships?
- have trouble sleeping, or find it hard to concentrate?
- worry about the impact of addiction on children and young people in the family?
- feel guilty when you focus on your own needs?
If any of these questions sound familiar, we can help.
Our counsellors can...
- Help you understand more about addiction
- Help you make a plan to look after yourself and your family
- Help you communicate effectively
- Set boundaries and limits to keep yourself and your family member as safe as possible
- Take you through all of the available support and treatment options for yourself or your family member